Thank you for your thoughts, kind words and support. Please read about the outcome of the meeting by reading my latest post at facebook.com/chateaudevie
The big day is here! Bring your friends and come support us at the City Council Meeting. 88 E. Chicago St. Chandler AZ 85225. The meeting starts at 7pm, doors open at 6pm and we hope all can show early and rally together in support of approval of Chateau de Vie. Thank you.
Dear Jodie, Kevin and Surrounding Property Owner Representatives:
The purpose of this letter is to notify the City staff, City Council members and surrounding property owners in opposition to the Use Permit request of changes to the Site Plan and Development Booklet Narrative of ZUP11-0012. On behalf of Nick and Shelly Goodman, we realize, based on the results of our meeting with representatives of surrounding property owner groups on January 31, 2012, that the position of some surrounding property owners is that there is nothing we can do to the Site Plan or revisions to uses and other operational issues that would satisfy some neighbors’ perceived concerns regarding this Use Permit request. Notwithstanding the fact that this message was made politely and courteously clear to us at our recent meeting, the Goodman’s believe that, in the best interests of the use of this property, the City of Chandler and, without being harmful to surrounding property owners, the following changes will improve the project and further mitigate any perceived adverse effects on homeowners in the vicinity. Although we have not been officially advised of Mr. Lee Miller’s legal representative capacity in this case on behalf of surrounding property owners, we are sending him a copy of this letter and Site Plan as a professional courtesy.
Attached to this letter is a copy of the revised site plan for the Chateau De Vie dated February 15, 2012. There are five (5) important changes that have been made to this site plan:
- The wall along the southern boundary of the property located on the north side of Orchid Lane will now consist of a solid block wall with orange tree landscaping along the entire boundary except for a pedestrian solid gate located near the current mail box location (so that mail can be retrieved from the mailbox) and a gate on the east end of Orchid Lane that will serve as a crash gate for emergency access only to the site. There will be no vehicle access to the Chateau De Vie project throughOrchid Laneexcept in the rare occasion of a public safety emergency when access alongKyrene Roadis obstructed.
- Solid waste dumpsters nearOrchid Lanehave been relocated to the area west of the proposed Bistro/Meeting Room venue.
- The existing swimming pool will be refurbished and remain functional as a swimming pool.
- A new 6-foot high block wall will be constructed on top of the hill area located west and south of the existing swimming pool as shown on the site plan. This wall area will also include new hedge-type landscaping.
- Number of parking spaces reduced from 220 to 212.
By maintaining the pool in its functional condition, this area may now be utilized as a smaller gathering area than was previously proposed. The usage of this area would be for outdoor seating around the pool and other small gatherings. The block wall on top of the sloping hill areas adjacent to the swimming pool will further mitigate any perceived intrusion of sound into the adjoining neighbor’s properties on the west and the south. The relocation of the dumpsters as suggested by the Planning and Zoning Commission members will move all the trash collection to a site further away from residential uses in the vicinity. Replacing the gate on the northwestern side ofOrchid Lanewith a solid block wall and orange trees will further mitigate any perceived intrusion of sound or light to the southwest of the property.
The following information constitutes a modification to the Use Permit Development Booklet for the Chateau De Vie concerning certain operational and use issues:
Pages 13 and 14 of the development booklet are hereby modified by deleting the following events (uses) at the Chateau Di Vie:
- Bachelor/Bachelorette parties.
- Charity concerts.
- Poker and gaming tournaments.
The items listed on Page 14 as events and uses are hereby modified a follows:
- Live and recorded amplified music will only occur indoors.
- Live outdoor music will be limited as provided in Condition No. 7 of the PZ Memo No. 12-003 dated January 11, 2012 (“PZ Memo”). For further clarification, live outdoor music shall consist only of acoustical instruments (musical instruments that are not electronically modified) except as provided in Condition No. 7 of the PZ Memo. All noise and sound emanating from the project shall be subject to Condition No. 6 of the PZ Memo requiring that “noise shall not exceed the general level of noise emitted by uses outside the premises of the subject site and further will not disturb adjacent residential areas.”
- Page 15 of the Development Booklet is modified by revising the hours of operation as follows: “All outside events will terminate by 10 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday nights and 11:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.” For clarification purposes, the only aspect of the project that may have a 24-hour operational cycle is the occupancy of the Bed and Breakfast rooms.
Based on existing parking calculations, the 212 parking spaces would yield a total of 742 maximum site occupancy. The applicant agrees to reduce the maximum total number of occupancy for the site to 650.
The changes proposed in this letter by the property owner reflect the Goodman’s recognition of the perceived concerns raised by surrounding property owners and comments and questions from Planning and Zoning Commissioners and City Council members. By this letter, the Goodman’s reach out again to the representatives of the surrounding property owner groups to make themselves available to meet at any convenient time to review and discuss these modifications to the Development Booklet and Site Plan for the Chateau De Vie Use Permit. We invite the representatives of the surrounding property owner groups and/or their legal representative to contact us as to a convenient time and location to discuss these changes to the project. Please contact Nick Goodman directly at the following phone number or e-mail address: (480) 570-6825; NGoodman@MomDoc.com. I will be out of town from Thursday, February 16 through Monday , February 20; however, the Goodman’s are available and interested in meeting with surrounding property owners to review and consider these changes.
PEW & LAKE, PLC
Please visit facebook.com/ChateauDeVie to see the site plan that accompanied this letter.
The history of the Kyrene mansion house has been a topic of news outlets since its construction in 1984. What we are concerned about is its future. Currently, there is a crossroad for this magnificent property to either be preserved … Continue reading
The City Council meeting where they will be voting on our “Special Use Permit” has been changed to
Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 7pm
88 E. Chicago St. Chandler, AZ 85225
We are trying to get as many people to attend the meeting as possible. If you are interested in helping, we have some information for you, please email Shelly.
Until then, please send the Mayor and Council your emails in support of our endeavors. We really appreciate those that have already been sending in emails. They are getting the attention of the city! Well done!
We need your help, we need your friends to help.
February 9, 2012 at 7:00p.m. 88 E. Chicago St. Chandler, AZ 85226.
We need all who can attend to please arrive at 6:30 p.m. and fill out the yellow slip of paper with your name and address and make sure you check the box in support of our project.
We are doing our best to find neighbors of the Chateau that support our project. If you know anyone, please send them to this website and leave us a comment.
We really appreciate those that have already sent emails to the mayor and council in support of preserving the Chateau and in support of our Temporary Use Permit to open the Chateau as an events center. Everyone has been so positive! That’s great! Please encourage your friends to do the same. We will see you at the meeting!
Please write emails to the Mayor and City Council of Chandler expressing your support of our endeavor and your concern for the preservation of this historic property. The neighbors who oppose the project would rather see this beauty destroyed, the house torn down, the lake and landscaping torn apart and tract homes built instead. What a shame!
Please attend the city council meeting on February 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. and show your support! 88 E. Chicago St. Chandler, AZ 85225
Please attend the Chandler Planning and Zoning meeting on Wednesday January 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM and help save Chateau de Vie (Chandler Mansion). Meeting address is 88 E. Chicago St. Chandler, AZ 85225. Without your support and help we cannot keep this showpiece property in Chandler. Some have suggested the best use of this 10+ acres is to tear down the mansion and build tract homes. If you would like to support the preservation of this one of a kind property please let your voice be heard at the Planning and Zoning meeting.
1220 N. Kyrene Rd.
Chandler, Az 85226
We are currently working on getting Chateau de Vie ready, preparing it to be the premier location for weddings, receptions, and other events important to our lives.